CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2011

From:
Paul Maddox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2011 09:54:03 -0400

I agree 100% with Simon here.  I switched 4 years ago from spinning disk to
sweptfield scanners due to the increased flexibility.  I have been very
happy with this decision over the years.  For instance, very dim samples
that can not be imaged well on spinning disk are visible on sweptfield in
slit mode where more photons are delivered/detected.  Additionally, using
the smallest pinhole provides very good out-of-focus rejection for excellent
images.

Paul

Paul S. Maddox, PhD
Assistant Professor
Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer
Dept of Pathology and Cell Biol, U. de Montreal