CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2015

From:
Vladimir Ghukasyan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 2015 08:39:33 -0500

Dear Hanna,

There may be several reasons to the problem depending on the pattern. It
may be "ringing" or reflections. While the first one can be fixed by
adjusting the threshold of the signal (increasing the baseline and getting
rid of some noise in the microscope environment), the second problem will
be more difficult to address in a turn-key system. This may be coming from
two reflecting surfaces (mirrors or filters). It is most probably in the
laser coupling part of the setup. This pattern will have to be addressed
anyway before you can do any measurements.

Best wishes,
Vladimir