CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2005

From:
ian gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:12:17 +1030

Hello Julia

We've found AMCA to be much better than Cascade Blue in wide-field
fluorescence: brighter, less fading, less emission overlap with
fluorescein-like fluorophores, and a lot of secondary antibodies are
available conjugated to it. I haven't tried it in confocal imaging
since we do not yet have an appropriate laser line.

hope that helps a bit

IAN

On Saturday, November 5, 2005, at 09:19  PM, Julia Edgar wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Dear All
> Would you please recommend a good blue fluorophore. Currently I'm
> using cascade
> blue but it bleaches very quickly compared to e.g. FITC or rhodamine.
> Thank you in advance
>
> Julia Edgar

* * * * * * * * * * *
Prof Ian Gibbins