CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2004

Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:10:51 -0600

Greetings,
We use a electronic keycard to access the instrumentation, followed by a
username/password combination required to access the software environment.
Biometric methods such as fingerprint readers are not foolproof. I seem
to remember reading somewhere that they can be fooled with a gelatin
finger replica. A closed circuit tape recording system or a webcam that
snaps a picture of each user when they log in would seem to be a
workable deterrent if keys aren't enough.
-Karl