CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1997

From:
Bill Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 19:18:15 +0000
Commercial Posting for Career Vacancies in Biomedical Research Products

Life Science Resources is an established, fast growing, high-tech company
involved in world-wide sales of computer-based imaging products for life
sciences and medicine. We offer systems ranging from real time, low light
level ion imaging systems to molecular biology imaging systems for FISH
applications. We have also recently acquired AstroCam, a leading
manufacturer of high performance digital CCD camera systems. We offer our
products through dealers and distributors worldwide, and we have offices
both in Cambridge, England and the USA on the East Coast.

We have openings for the following exciting positions:

Biomedical Imaging Applications Support Engineers
are required for pre- and post-sales support, including installation and
training for  systems in customer laboratories. Experience at post-graduate
level of optical probe applications in life sciences is essential, including
competence in computing and image processing techniques. This position may
involve both national and foreign travel and could provide the opportunity
to work from the company's USA office or from their offices in England.

Software Engineers for Biomedical Applications
Applications programmers are required for development of real time data
acquisition systems (particularly imaging) under Windows 95.  The job will
involve integration of new technology hardware and software components into
the company's range of biomedical research instruments.  Visual C/C++ and
MFC experience essential, and a grounding in biology/biotechnology would be
extremely useful.

We shall be at the Biophysical Society meeting New Orleans and at the FASEB
meeting later on, where we shall be exhibiting our systems, and would be
available to interview and discuss these positions.

If you are interested, please send your CV in the first instance to:

Sally Briers
Life Science Resources Ltd.
Abberley House, Granham's Road
Great Shelford