CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1996

From:
Nathan O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 09:07:33 EST
Hello,
  I have a simple question about the format of the Biorad pic file header.
I have written two programs in C which convert 8-bit pic images to raw 8-bit
character images and vice versa. From the 76 byte header of the pic file
I read the following info:

width: bytes 0 and 1
height: bytes 2 and 3
number of sections: bytes 4 and 5
whether it's a byte image: bytes 14 and 15
(all assuming indexing starts at 0)

In the code I wrote that converts 8-bit character data back to the pic format
(appends a header) should I put any more info into the header beyond what I
list above? (ie, are there bytes designated for holding things like voxel
dimensions?) Do programs which handle pic format data typically expect more
information than what I list above?

Thanks for any information,
Nathan