CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2006

From:
David Knecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 14:04:58 -0400

I hate to do this, Clare, but I am going to disagree with you.  I
really like the Bioptechs system.  TEmperature uniformity and
stability are excellent.  More importantly, I like the heated lid
setup for long term culture without evaporation or the need to
perfuse.  I have not seen a comparable lid system for Warner, so if
it exists I would be interested to hear about it.  I have not used
the perfusion system on Bioptechs so can't comment if that is what
you need. We reuse the Bioptechs dishes until the bottoms fall out,
so they are more expensive than coverslips, but not as bad as you
might think from first look.  If just looking at cells in media for
long term, it works great.  Dave

Dr. David Knecht
U-3125
91 N. Eagleville Rd.