CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2012

From:
Seitz Arne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:20:51 +0000

Theoretically it is totally right to assume that one can either increase the sampling frequency or the field of view if the number of pixels are increased.
Practically one cannot increase the field of view in a scanning system without getting nasty side effects like e.g. uneven illumination.  To my understanding this is the reason why vendors tend to go for option one if you increase the number of pixels.

Cheers Arne

Arne Seitz
Head of Bioimaging and Optics Platform (PT-BIOP)
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
Faculty of Life Sciences
Station 15, AI 0241
CH-1015 Lausanne

Phone: +41 21 693 9618