CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2008

From:
Ray Gilbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:19:40 +1200

We were always taught when preparing specimens for EM preparation to avoid long periods in low alcohol concentrations - 50% and 70% - as these would strip lipids esp. membranes and degrade the ultrastructure.

Perhaps the same is happening here, you could try either keeping the specimens in formalin or in higher ethanol concentrations. Another alternative could be PBS-azide with a low BSA and storage in the fridge.

Cheers

Ray G