CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2004

From:
Arthur Schuessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:26:44 +0100

isn't this a bit too harsh ?
bitplane is known for long time for close collaboration with scientists,
also for special solutions (although software is expensive, or was, at least).
the announcement was also not ONLY commercial, the topic was in the list
some time ago. Maybe one should stay a bit more calm in reaction ?
Arthur

t 18:59 24.11.2004, you wrote:
>Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>Dear Marius,
>
>I cannot believe the extreme cheek you show using this non-commercial
>science platform for your advertisement!!! I do not know the exact details
>of the code for this website, but my understanding is that it serves the
>communication between interested scientists but not to provide companies
>with a free advertising site. The next thing is that every single company
>involved in microscopy is clogging up this site with endless advertisement
>campaigns. Thus I would recommend that you stop this immediately and
>apologise to the confocal list users for highjacking the site for your own
>commercial purposes.
>
>Cheers
>
>Rolly
>-----------------------
>Dr. Ulrich R. Wiegand
>MBG/SBCLS
>University of Edinburgh
>HRB/George Square
>Edinburgh, EH8 9XD

Dr. Arthur Schuessler
Institute of Botany, FB10, TU Darmstadt
Schnittspahnstrasse 10
D-64287 Darmstadt
GERMANY

e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Fax: +49 12126 6151 164568  or +49 1212 511334714
http://AMF-phylogeny.com  -  http://www.geosiphon.de