CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2015

From:
"Holly L. AARON" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2015 16:01:46 -0700

Dear All - I just wanted to send a reminder about our short course.
Applications must be completed by October 30 - 3 more weeks! Announcement
of selection will be by November 15.

Best,
 Holly
Holly L. Aaron
Molecular Imaging Center, Cancer Research Laboratory
University of California, Berkeley
251 Life Sciences Addition, MC #2751
Berkeley, CA  94720-2751
510.642.2901 office      510.426.5005 GoogleVoice
[log in to unmask]      http://imaging.berkeley.edu
*View this email in your browser
<http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=cc379bb16593bc94f0c5bdf37&id=27ec1c0f99&e=7eb96de548>*
Now accepting applications for the inaugural
4D Advanced Microscopy of Brain Circuits Course
<http://berkeley.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cc379bb16593bc94f0c5bdf37&id=e891000702&e=7eb96de548>

On January 10-15, 2016, the Zeiss Berkeley Brain Microscopy Innovation
Center will offer its first annual winter course. The course will focus on
the newest optical tools, imaging systems, and analysis methods that are
being developed for the study of neuronal circuits. Each day will be
divided into lectures and hands on laboratory experience using emerging
BRAIN Initiative neurotechnologies, including optogenetics, calcium
imaging, super resolution imaging, and cleared tissue imaging. Students
will rotate through demos at each of eight microscope stations, then select
a single microscope station for a two day project. Graduate students,
postdocs, and early career faculty are encouraged to apply. A maximum of 16
students will be selected to attend the course. *Image courtesy of Berkeley
News; Richard Kramer.*

Learn more and apply >>
<http://berkeley.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cc379bb16593bc94f0c5bdf37&id=0215c88f43&e=7eb96de548>

*Viral delivery of fluoresent proteins to neurons in the retina.  Image
courtesy of Leah Byrne and John Flannery.*
[image: Twitter]
<http://berkeley.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cc379bb16593bc94f0c5bdf37&id=d78337346b&e=7eb96de548>
Twitter
<http://berkeley.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cc379bb16593bc94f0c5bdf37&id=e57b4ec4d3&e=7eb96de548>
[image:
Donate]
<http://berkeley.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cc379bb16593bc94f0c5bdf37&id=2735f19522&e=7eb96de548>
Donate
<http://berkeley.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cc379bb16593bc94f0c5bdf37&id=c19a73e2d2&e=7eb96de548>
[image:
Contact] <[log in to unmask]> Contact <[log in to unmask]>
------------------------------
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute at UC Berkeley
175 Li Ka Shing Center MC 3370
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720

Add us to your address book
<http://berkeley.us10.list-manage.com/vcard?u=cc379bb16593bc94f0c5bdf37&id=034cb0d863>

*Copyright © 2015 Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute at UC Berkeley, All
rights reserved. *
unsubscribe from this list
<http://berkeley.us10.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=cc379bb16593bc94f0c5bdf37&id=034cb0d863&e=7eb96de548&c=27ec1c0f99>
    update subscription preferences