CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2006

From:
simon watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 13:25:49 -0400

We use two types of chambers.  The Bioptechs FCS2 for long term expts (easy
fluid exchange and sealed to keep out bugs), for short term expts we use the
Harvard PDMI2 with Mattek dishes.  It's a doddle to use, but more
importantly wrt to alisons question you can warm or cool as you wish (well
certainly between 18-37C).  NB. Big temperature changes means big focus
changes so you need to have one of the nifty ASI/Nikon/Olympus autofocus
gizmos as well if you want to work at high resolution.

Simon

Simon C. Watkins Ph.D. FRC Path.

Professor, Cell Biology and Physiology and Immunology

Director Graduate Program in Cell Biology and Physiology

Vice Chair, Cell Biology and Physiology

Director Center for Biologic Imaging

BSTS 225

University of Pittsburgh