CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2004

From:
Martin Wessendorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:16:34 -0500

Guy et al--

In the older pre-Radiance BioRad systems, the zoom was performed using a
scan card that allowed (if I remember correctly) 2^12 positions for each
galvanometer.  Thus, for a 512 x 512 scan, you could get "true" zooms of
1, 2, 4 or 8x.  However, zooms at other values were approximated by
double-scanning some lines--i.e. they were not entirely accurate and
introduced some artifacts.

Is this still the case for the Radiance systems?  If so, I wonder if
that might be the issue underlying the (perhaps garbled) warning that
she received.

Regards--

Martin Wessendorf

--
Martin Wessendorf, Ph.D.                   office: (612) 626-0145
Assoc Prof, Dept Neuroscience                 lab: (612) 624-2991