CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2006

From:
David Knecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:50:11 -0500

We have been looking at TIRF systems and recently tested several
white light TIRF systems. Has anyone directly compared laser vs.
white light TIRF?  The floating/attached bead demo works fine so it
looks like TIRF.  However, when we focus up from the coverslip with
GFP labelled cells, we can see significant fluorescence in focal
planes that should not be getting excited (5 microns up).  Is this
white light vs. laser TIRF, or is it that cells present a problem not
seen with beads.  Dave

Dr. David Knecht
U-3125
91 N. Eagleville Rd.