CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2012

From:
Stephen Firth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2012 15:20:56 +1100

Half the places are filled for this years Live Cell Imaging workshop!
If you are interested in joining us this year get your registration in
quick.

This year we have Will Hughes, Senior Research Fellow; Group Leader
Diabetes and Obesity Research Program and Director Molecular Imaging
Facility, from the Garvan Institute joining us as a Group leader.

And in addition to the equipment already available at Monash Micro Imaging
we have the Leica LSI confocal macroscope, the Zeiss Cell Observer Spinning
Disk Confocal, the Olympus IX83 Live Cell microscope, and the Nikon N-SIM
and N-STORM super resolution microscope to use during our practicals.
See you in Melbourne in December!
Stephen

The 7th Monash Micro Imaging Live Cell imaging workshop will be held from
the 2nd to 7th December 2012.

Title                Live Cell Imaging 2012
When             Sunday December 2nd to Friday December 7th.
Where            Monash Micro Imaging, Monash University, Melbourne,
Australia
Tuition            $1500AUD +GST (10%)
Students        24 positions available

Topics to be covered include
Confocal, Multiphoton, Live Cell, "Deep" tissue imaging, Protein-Protein
Interactions, Optimising Imaging, Digital Imaging and Analysis.

We will provide a range of fluorescent cell markers and novel
fluorescent protein tags that will be used during the course on cell lines.

We will include practical experiments taken from actual research being
conducted in MMI labs; topics include autophagy, infectivity and cell death,
brainbow imaging in the chick embryo, and 3D photoactivation in mouse
blastocysts.

We recommend that students get accommodation locally to allow and
ensure full participation in evening sessions (finish @ 10pm).

Groups will be assigned a mentor to assist them with the science of live
cell microscopy. Representatives of the microscope companies will
be assisting with operation of systems and specific questions
regarding instrumentation. Groups are expected to present their results on
Friday afternoon.

Lunch and dinner provided most days.

Group Leaders will are:
Iain Johnson, Iain Johnson Consulting
Guy Cox, Honorary Associate, Australian Centre for Microscopy &
Microanalysis
Cameron Nowell, Ludwig Cancer Research Institute, Melbourne
Sarah Ellis, Peter MacCallum Research Institute
Steve Cody, MMI AMREP Monash University
Will Hughes, Director Molecular Imaging Facility, Garvan Institute

Convenors: Stephen Firth and Stephen Cody, MMI Monash University
For more information please see our website:
http://www.microimaging.monash.org/<
http://www.microimaging.monash.org/lci2011.html>
email: [log in to unmask]

--