CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2010

From:
Bob Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2010 12:09:03 -0400

There is an additional book on the horizon that I would like to bring your attention to. Scheduled for release in late November/Early December to be published by Springer is a text on Basic Confocal Microscopy edited by Bob Price and Jay Jerome. While the emphasis is on confocal imaging many of the chapters, including fluorescence microscopy, specimen preparation, labeling strategies, digital imaging, and data reconstruction and ethics are applicable to a wide range and types of microscopy. The table of contents is provided below.

Table of Contents from "Basic Confocal Microscopy"

Chapter 1	Introduction and Historical Perspective
Chapter 2 	The Theory of Fluorescence
Chapter 3	Fluorescence Microscopy
Chapter 4	Specimen Preparation
Chapter 5	Labeling Considerations for Confocal Microscopy
Chapter 6 	Introduction to Digital Imaging for Confocal Microscopy
Chapter 7	Digital Image Capture for Confocal Microscopy
Chapter 8	Types of Confocal Instruments: Basic Principals and Advantages and Disadvantages
Chapter 9 	Setting the Operating Parameters
Chapter 10 	3D Reconstruction of Confocal Image Data
Chapter 11 	Ethics and Resources
Glossary

The book is currently available for pre-order on Amazon

Bob

Bob Price
Research Professor
USC School of Medicine