CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2010

Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:25:35 +0800

Dear Craig,
      These two articles are very useful:

Gerald Donnert, Christian Eggeling & Stefan W Hell, "Major signal
increase in fluorescence microscopy through dark-state relaxation",
Nature Methods - 4, 81 - 86 (2007)  doi:10.1038/nmeth986
In this paper, the photobleaching is minimized with dark state
relaxation (single photon excitation), which needs a low repetition
rate (<=1MHz).

Na Ji, Jeffrey C Magee & Eric Betzig, "High-speed, low-photodamage
nonlinear imaging using passive pulse splitters",
Nature Methods 5, 197 - 202 (2008)
In this paper, by increasing the repetition rate in two-photon
excitation, the effective excitation power is decreased, therefore a
lower photobleaching is obtained.
     Thank you.

Sincerely,
Peng Xi
Ph. D.    Associate Professor
Dept. of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering
Peking University, Beijing, China
Tel: +86 10-6276 7155
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://bme.pku.edu.cn/~xipeng