CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2009

From:
Andreas Bruckbauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 18:03:08 -0400

 >If you want to use single photon you can just tune your Ti:Saph to 750 and you should be good to go

You would need a suitable dichroic for direct excitation at 750 nm, the multiphoton dichroics usually reflect everything above 680 or so, your fluorescence signal would not reach the detector. Furthermore the normal photomultiplier detectors are almost blind in the far red, laser power would need to be reduced quite a lot... Has anyone tried direct 1P excitation of these dyes?

Andreas