CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2011

From:
Tobias Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:38:02 +0000

Yes - that would be lock-in detection. And also yes: background is a big problem for us since we image during visual stimulation of animals. But shouldn't a good Ti:Sa pulse lock-in of our DAQ board also improve signal itself? If we sample at the beginning of the lifetime decay of our fluorophores this should be better than random sampling at 125MHz, or not? I have no experience in doing this so I might be on the wrong track here... especially since I don't know if our slow amplified PMT signal would smear out these timing issues anyways...

Tobias