CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1998

From:
Ronald Wendenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:50:10 +0100
Florence Niedergang wrote:

Hello All,
I am currently learning how to use the new Zeiss LSM510 confocal we have in
our facility.
As the hard disk is almost saturated, we wanted to save our images on 230Mo
optical disks. Apparently, the databases can't be saved directly, the files
have to be saved independently under "LSM410-tif" format or any of the
proposed formats. The problem is, all the acquisition parameters (voltage,
objective, zoom, size in µm, ...) seem to be lost this way.

So my question is: How do Zeiss LSM510 users do to save their images
without loosing important information about them?
Many thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Storage of LSM 510 files on MOD

You can do this via 2 different methods:
a) Using the LSM-Software: create one or more databases on the MOD and
move/copy all files *.lsm
   to this database.
b) Use the WinNT-explorer and move/copy the database.mdb-file and the related
images-folder to the MOD.
In both of the cases you will not loose the LSM 510 file format, the aquisition
data and the possibility
to work with the "reuse" button on existing files. It is not necessary to
export the files to any other
file format. I would recommend to use 640 MB MOD's.

Best regards

Ronald Wendenburg
Product Management LSM
Microscopy Division