CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2007

Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 04:04:40 +1000

At the risk of stating the obvious, do check
carefully the settings of your power supply.
I had similar overheating and short life problems
when a (well-known) microscope company delivered
and installled a system set to the correct voltage
but the wrong frequency (60 Hz instead of 50).
This seems to make a very big difference.  (Whereas
220v instead of 240v on another system did very
little).

                                        Guy

--
Associate Professor Guy Cox
Electron Microscope Unit,

Phone:+61 2 9351 3176    Fax:+61 2 9351 7682
http://www.guycox.net