CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1995

From:
Paul Goodwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 1995 08:15:21 -0800
Dave (and others)-

What do you think of taking the Fourier power spectrum of the images and
using as a definition of the noise those spatial frequecies at which the
power becomes constant then using that cut-off as a measure of when the
signal no longer exceeds noise. Then calling the spatial frequency where
signal is slightly greater than noise the resolution of the microscope in
that dimension.

Paul Goodwin
Image Analysis Lab
FHCRC, Seattle, WA