CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2009

From:
Vitaly Boyko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:02:07 -0800
Well, as most of the fluorescent proteins are either dimers or worse upon desired over expression, "for easy going" (sometimes even with the letter "m" in front of). The latter fact would yield in positive but often "wishful" FRET signal, especially when carefully limited number of controls have been designed to be " biophysically smart". Therefore, all the discussions around the Ro or J seem to be redundunt... You might recollect that the famous textbook experiments have been performed with free, soluble donor-acceptor pairs at concentrations far above physiologically acceptable limits.

...my two cents...

Vitaly