CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2005

From:
Robert Zucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:58:52 -0500

I have used laser based fluorescence systems containing  Argon, Argon
-krypton  and HENE lasers for visible and UV excitation lines.  How long
does it take to warm up the laser and the system so it is stable .
Recently, service personal were throwing around figures of two hours for
system stability. Can it possibly take 1-2 hours for a confocal
microscope to become stable in regard to power and scanning
characteristics  Previously I have found these laser based systems
appear to  become stable within 15-30  minutes or less after turning
them on. Does any information
Bob

Robert M. Zucker, PhD
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Research and Development
National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory
Reproductive Toxicology Division, MD 72
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, 27711
Tel: 919-541-1585; fax 919-541-4017
e-mail: [log in to unmask]