CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2006

From:
Joel Sheffield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 15:35:25 -0400

Greetings,

I have been working with someone who is attempting to do double label
studies using DSRed2-mito and an FITC-based antibody system.  We
disscovered, using the spectral scan of the Leica SP system, that
there is significant fluorescence of the DSRed in both the green and
red wavelengths when we illuminate with a 488 argon line.  Indeed,
the spectrum appears to have two peaks, of almost equal intensity, in
response to this excitation.  As a result, we can not separate the
DsRed Signal from the FITC when the FITC is weak.

At the risk of sounding like a complete novice, has anyone worked out
a way to deal with this problem?

Joel

Joel B. Sheffield, Ph.D.
Biology Department, Temple University