CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2012

From:
Johannes Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2012 15:40:53 +0200

Hi, Guy,

as you write, a 50/50 BS is a straight forward solution with no moving
parts a.s.o.
A problem surfaces when one needs to select a wavelength at the edge of
the tuning range. Then, power can become an issue, specifically if there
are further optical elements - EOM, beam expander, spatial filter,
dichroics a.s.o. -on the way to the preparation.
This had been a problem, here, and that's why I went for the more flexible
solution with the lambda/2 plate.

Best,
Johannes

--