CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2008

From:
Jerry Sedgewick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:01:40 -0500

I've used the DyLight at greater than 700nm excitation ranges. The
DyLight fluorophore that excites at or around 780nm appears to be far
brighter than the IRDye800 by LiCor. I didn't make any exact
measurements, but the DyLight flourophores appeared brighter by eye.

The traditional wavelength ranges in the visible region, what I have
seen because I imaged these for a commercial enterprise, appeared to
mimic the brightness of Alexa dyes, but it could have been the sample,
concentration, etc.

In any case, I plan to abandon the LiCor dyes for the DyLight in
excitation wavelengths greater than 700nm. I didn't use the buffers.

Jerry

--
Jerry (Gerald) Sedgewick
Program Director, Biomedical Image Processing Lab (BIPL)
Author: "Scientific Imaging with Photoshop: Methods, Measurement and Output."

Rawlight.com (dba Sedgewick Initiatives)
965 Cromwell Avenue
Saint Paul, MN  55114
(651) 308-1466
http://www.quickphotoshop.com