CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2007

From:
Allan Kachelmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:51:22 -0800

BioRad confocal users,

I'd like to start a thread on service contracts. It's my understanding Zeiss
will discontinue providing service contracts on Bio-Rad MRC 1024s from
October of this year. The service contracts have been a good insurance
policy against a laser going out.

It has been suggested that if there is sufficient demand for service
contracts that Zeiss may extend their service contract provision for the MRC
1024 for another 2 years.

Have other BioRad users heard the same thing? If so, we plan on contacting
Zeiss to encourage them to do so.

If not, what are users planning on doing when their contracts expire?

Thanks.

Allan Kachelmeier

Manager, Confocal Microscopy Core

Oregon Hearing Research Center