CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2012

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:36:39 -0700

Dear Philipp,
Duplicate the stack, threshold for the structure then make the tholded stack binary
dividing by 255 converts the binarized stack from 0+255 to 0+1
multiply the 2 stacks and project the result.
this function does all this, choosing middle slice for setting the threshold

Maybe this is helpful,

function thresholdprojection(){
	stackid=getImageID;
	no=nSlices;
	stackname=getTitle;
	run("Duplicate...", "title=[dup] duplicate range=1-no");
	setSlice((floor(no/2)));
	run("Threshold...");
	waitForUser("Set Threshold then click 'OK'.");
	setBatchMode(true);
	getThreshold(lower,upper);
	run("Make Binary", "black");
	run("Divide...", "value=255 stack");
	rename("divided");
	bindupid=getImageID;
	imageCalculator("Multiply create stack", stackid ,bindupid);
	run("Z Project...", "start=1 stop=no projection=[Sum Slices]");
	rename(stackname+"sum");
	sumid=getImageID;
	setBatchMode(false);
	selectImage(bindupid);//closing and renaming actions must occur outside of the batch mode
	close();
}

Regards,
Glen
Glen MacDonald
Core for Communication Research
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Box 357923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7923  USA
(206) 616-4156