CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2006

From:
Melissa Gonzalez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 15:23:08 -0700

I've always used Ushio 102DH, which consistently last 200 hours, and recently am trying 103's which have lasted 300 hours.
We turn them on for anywhere between 1hr-8hrs/day, but usually keep them on once ignited. (so they aren't switched on and off all day)
I've used this brand for years on Zeiss's equipment with no trouble at all, we are just careful abt turning them on and off. I am not sure how much the individual manufacturer's power supplies and housing differ as far bulb-life extension is concerned.

Melissa

Melissa Gonzalez
R&D Cell Genesys
South San Francisco, CA 94080