CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1996

From:
Paul Krumpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 09:31:54 -400
   Subject: RE>CONFOCAL Digest - 11 Dec 1996 to 12 Dec 1996
Deb Berglund wrote:

>In our case we do our surface labelling with FITC and
>CY5, and use phalloidin-RITC just to visualize the cells.

>On another subject.  I want to do a 3D rebuild.  I can get the slices, put
>them into a montage, but cannot figure out how to make NIH-Image do a 3D
>image.  Can someone please talk me through this??

--This is a reply from a commercial vendor--

Our software, IPLab Spectrum, might be of assistance here. While NIH Image
does offer some 3d capabilities, IPLab coupled with our 3D Extension
module will give you even more. Most noteworthy in your case is that if
you have stacks of images at 2 or 3 different wavelengths, you can merge
them together and make a 3d projection (reconstruction) **in 24-bit
color**. Of course, it' not free, but I thought I'd offer an option.

Paul Krumpe
Signal Analytics
(703) 281-3277
www.iplab.com/sac