CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2000

From:
Boureau Tristan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 02:22:04 -0500
Dear all,
There was some time ago on this mailing list some kind of debate
about CCD cameras. I just couldn t follow it up unfortunately, but
now I come with some very naive question:
I am working under epifluorescence microscope, and I try to take some
pictures using a CCD camera driven by Sensicam (image pro Plus)
software. I try to visualize bacteria expressing GFP inside plant
leaves. But according to the settings of the camera, I can see some
green or not on my screen. so here is my question:
 When you can enhance (through the software drive the camera) red,
blue or green color, does it correspond to artificial creation of
colors like in the case of confocal, or is it that one particular
wavelenght is enhanced compared to the other?
In other words, when I push up the green color, then of course green
appears on the screen, so is it due to the presence of green
fluorescence coming from my sample or is it just some artifactual
color made by the camera?

tristan