CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1994

From:
"J. Paul Robinson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 1994 14:40:13 EST
Glen MacDonald askes about DYE SUB printers. I have the CODONICS NP1600 which
uses the Kodak print engine. It is not cheap but in my comparisons I found it
hard to beat. Advantages are that it is a network printer so it accepts most
graphics formats via ftp, no conversions necessary. It is quite fast, and the
quality of the pictures has to be seen to be believed. Any Dean will give you
a few extra thousand dollars for this if he see a printout or two!!! Its good
for science too!
I can provide more details if you are interested. If you woudl like to ftp a
picture I will print it if you need to see what your data will look like.
Paul Robinson
Purdue University Cytometry Labs