CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2000

From:
Guy Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:33:25 -0800
Rob,

This isn't my project, but I was asked to checked into the possibility of
such a stain.

The application is to image vaginal bacterial flora in-vivo.  A minimally
invasive confocal microscope, about 1mm in diameter, would be used to image
the bacteria.  Yes, it does exist, I've seen it, and it works.

The problem (among others) now seems to be differentiation of the bacterial
cells from the epithelial tissue.  When I left the CBE a few years ago, this
group was playing around with conjugating the vitamin B12 to various
bacterial cell membrane targets.

I was curious if the listserve had any similar needs/experiences.

-Guy

Guy Cook
President
Bacterin