CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1998

From:
Theresa Fyffe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:07:08 +1000
Hi,

We are wanting to look at whole mounts of human teeth and observe fracture
damage. We have tried using the autofluorescent properties of the dentin
for visualisation but the images we are getting are not very satisfactory.
A lot of current literature seems to suggest rhodamine B as a good
fluorescent dye for teeth. Does anyone have any other suggestions or
experience in this area which may be of help?

Thanks
Theresa Fyffe

Theresa Fyffe
Senior Technician