CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2000

From:
Catherine Carolan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:24:02 +0000
In connection with the recent discussion on ER probes.

We have recently purchased Alexa labelled concanavalin A (con A) for
visualization of ER in fixed samples. I am reluctant to use the recommended
dissolving solution (0.1M sodium bicarbonate, 1mM Mn2+ and 1mM Ca+). Even at
room temperature this readily precipitates out and so I can't imagine it
being suitable for freezing. Are any of the members of the list using this
stain and if so any suggestions on dissolving buffer and concentrations used
would be much appreciated
Thanks

Catherine Carolan
Dept of Physiology