CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2000

From:
Mario Moronne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:52:17 -0800
Okay Confocal Folks,

There were a lot of replies on deconvolution software for NT
machines. It has been my experience of late that for the same clock
speed, PowerPC G3 machines run FFTs about 3x faster than Intel chips
and clones. This, of course, has to do with the very efficient FPU in
the PowerPC and the G3 backside cache. Now that the G4 chip is out
with its Altivec register configuration, I have been drooling at the
thought that a vendor would come out with deconvolution software
compiled to take advantage of the high performance G4 architecture.
Does anyone know whether this has been done?

Thanks,

Mario M. Moronne, Ph.D.
NanoMed Technologies, Inc.
1561 Posen Ave