CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2000

From:
Lisa Avila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 15:48:45 -0400
Hello,

>>Does anyone have experience with or know about a 3D reconstruction
>>and analysis program for biological data (e.g. confocal) that runs on
>>Unix OS?  Shareware is best, of course, but we may be willing to purchase.
>>We have an opportunity to use a  Sun computer and are looking
>>for applications software for it.

Kitware offers a 3D visualization package called VolView. More information
can be found on our web site: http://www.kitware.com/volview.htm. It is
available for Windows, SGI, SUN, and Linux, and can be downloaded for a 30
day evaluation. Academic discounts are available.

We are actively working on version 1.2 and welcome any feedback on how we
might improve this product.

VolView is based on The Visualization Toolkit (VTK) which is an open source
toolkit for visualization, image processing, and graphics. It is freely
available at: http://www.kitware.com/vtk.html. If you are familiar with
C++, Tcl, Python, or Java, it is fairly easy to write VTK scripts to
visualize your data.

Lisa S. Avila
Kitware, Inc.
www.kitware.com