CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2001

From:
alice schmid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:15:02 -0800
Dear Listserv,

      I posted a listing yesterday (actually two of
them) complaining about Bio-rad tech services, or
rather lack thereof.  I got lots of phone calls from
Biorad by the way, not that I am encouraging you all
to complain alot, as I did yesterday.

      This last Monday, I got every possible type of
error message associated with the fire wire card when
I tried to turn the confocal on.  Peter Han, excellent
midwest service rep, tried to guide me through
pinpointing the problem by phone ---it booted up fine
with the tower not turned on, but would not boot up if
the tower was on, and we got lots of firewire errors
messages.

      Peter suggested having our inhouse computers
guys check everything to see if a card or connection
looked loose---which they did.  They said everything
looked fine.  Right before they left we tried booting
up again and got all the exact same error messages and
they too were convinced there was a firewire hard-ware
problem.

      Today Peter Han came to fix it and of course, I
am being smited by the gods for ever complaining in
the first place, because it booted up for him with no
error messages and nothing wrong.

      So, I have to apologize for making a big fuss,
because apparently there was nothing wrong at all.
But I have witnesses!  Still, whatever the problems
were, they are now gone, and I have to apologize to
Biorad for making them all suffer needlessly.

                                   Alice Schmid