CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2002

Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:04:02 -0400

We are working on a project to bottle preserve specimens of small animals
for exhibition purposes: such as small frogs, worms, small fish or small
animal body organs. We intend to use glycerin for final preservation
solutions.

There are such commercially prepared specimens which have the soft tissue
'cleared': meaning that the bodies are semi transparent.
If the veins and arteries have been injected with color latex then the color
shows thru.

How is the clearing done?

What are sources for the colored injection materials?

regards
MRK