CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2003

From:
David Eisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:50:17 +0100

 We bought a Leica resonant scanner about a year ago and are very
 impressed with it.  I'm not sure how well I can compare it with the
 other sorts of confocal.  We have a "regular" BioRad 1024 so can
 compare linescans on both instruments and they seem rather
 similar.

 We got the resonant galvanometer system because we wanted to
 get images of cardiac myocytes at video type rates. These cells
 are long and thin and are therefore ideally suited to this confocal.
 In other words we can acquire images 512 in the X direction and 64
 in the Y direction with a bidirectional scan at about 40 per second.
With 32 lines we get 80 frames per sec.

We have not been disappointed with the RS scanner.

 David Eisner