CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2003

From:
Sarah Locknar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:37:25 -0400

Hi-
I have a couple of users who want to image cells grown in plastic
microwell plates on an inverted scope.  Of course, the plastic is too
thick to image through, but when I suggested that they grow them on
glass coverslips they replied that the cells don't stick as well and
grow differently on similarly coated glass.  Is it possible to buy
microwell plates with thinner plastic bottoms, and where would I buy
such a thing?  In previous postings I got the feeling that the only
available ones had glass coverslip bottoms.  Also, would the images
suffer greatly when imaging through plastic versus glass?  Would a
better option be to just get a longer-working distance lens?
Thanks in advance-
Sarah

Sarah Locknar, Ph.D.
Director, Neuroscience COBRE Imaging/Physiology Core
University of Vermont
802-656-0413