CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2003

From:
Philip Oshel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:10:26 -0500

What operating systems are you using? We have an exposure time glitch
in Axiovision 3 on a computer running WindowsNT, and I suspect it's
related to NT more than it is Axiovision (a communication problem
between the computer and the video card).
Phil

Search the CONFOCAL archive at
http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal Hi Alejandro,

this is very interesting....
I have a Zeiss LSM 510 mounted on an Axiovert 200M and recently we
have been doing a lot of simultaneous DIC and fluorescent imaging and
getting a similar problem to you - except that in our case it always
says that the hardware was busy for more than 5 seconds!  Clearly our
hardware is even less happy at being busy for long periods of time
than yours...

Just for the record, we are on vs. 3.2 of the software, so if your
Zeiss rep ever suggests that upgrading the software will help I'm
afraid it probably won't.  Sometimes it's enough to re-boot the
software, sometimes we have to switch the microscope off and on, and
other times we have to restart the whole computer to get things to
work smoothly again.

Are there others out there who have encountered the same problem too?
Please let us know - I'd like to get this resolved too.  Any comments
from the Zeiss team???

Best wishes,

Alison