CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2003

From:
Ian Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:30:46 +0930

We use a Prior XY stage. The main advantage for us was that it is not
computer controlled (although it can be). It has a joystick controller
but it also can be programmed to a wide range of automated scanning
patterns. In principle, it could be linked to the timing of the confocal
scans, but our users just like being able to accurately control stage
position with the joystick, keeping their hands off the microscope and
not having yet another set of things to fiddle with on the computer
interface. We've had it for several years now and it has never failed (I
know I shouldn't say things like that in public...)

Hope that  helps

IAN

--
Professor Ian Gibbins