CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2003

From:
Heather Edens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:01:09 -0400

Hello,
Our lab is looking at setting up a live cell imaging system for our
confocal system.  If anyone could provide me with positive or negative
feedback on systems they have running in their laboratory, I would be
grateful.  We have a Zeiss 510 Meta system with both a standard and
inverted microscope and heated stage.  We want to image neutrophils
migrating through a monolayer of epithelial cells that are grown on the
underside of a permeable support.  The neutrophils are applied to the
top of the support, they migrate through the filter and then through the

epithelium in the basolateral to apical direction.  After migrating, the

neutrophils would fall down into a lower reservoir.  Thus, having the
epithelium grown below the filter makes the system a little bit more
tricky.
Thank you for your advice,
Heather Edens
Emory University