CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2004

From:
Greg Maguire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:39:06 -0800

Dear Olivia,

We at McBain Instruments, Inc. have retrofitted the PE CSU-10 for our
customers with the PC-based software, C-Imaging, produced by Compix, Inc., a
subsidiary of Hamamatsu Photonics. This is stable, easy to use, and powerful
software that will drive all components on your spinning disk confocal
system using your current PC computer. The ORCA-ER, Piezo Z-stepper, and
filter wheels on your system are supported. Should you need to upgrade your
camera to either of the new Hamamatsu EMCCDs for additional speed and
sensitivity, or add a Piezo driven Z-axis stage, we can do that with
C-Imaging too. Further, if your confocal is integrated into an automated
microscope, not only can we control the confocal, but we can probably also
control the microscope with C-Imaging software. We also offer a variety of
air-cooled and water-cooled lasers and custom engineering solutions for
other demands that your experiments may require of you imaging system.

If you are interested in such a retrofit, I would be delighted to discuss
the possibilities with you.

With regards,

Greg Maguire, Ph.D.
Confocal Sales Manager