CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2004

From:
Carl Boswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 09:43:26 -0700

Hi Shekar,
In the absence of genetic contructs or antibodies directed at your specimen,
the next best thing is lectins; molecules that detect relatively specific
carbohydrate combinations on glyco-molecules found on the surface of pertty
much everything.  It would require doing a screening of several lectins to
find something that works, but they can be very selective.  Fluorescently
tagged lectins can be had from a number of vendors, including Sigma Chemical
and Molecular Probes.

good luck,
Carl

Carl Boswell