CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2004

From:
"Locknar, Sarah A" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:48:49 -0400

A standard lamp calibration is necessary if you'd like to record a meaningful spectrum of your dye.  It allows you to correct for the wavelength-dependent transmission of your system.  As discussed many times in this list, all of the optical components in the system absorb light at some wavelengths.  A standard lamp allows you to correct for these absorptions (instrument response curve).  Also, if one of your optics begins to fail it should show up in the instrument response curve.
Sarah

Sarah Locknar, Ph.D.
Director, Neuroscience COBRE Imaging / Physiology Core
College of Medicine, University of Vermont
E015 Given Building
89 Beaumont Ave.
Burlington, VT 05405
802-656-0413