CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2004

Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:11:28 +0200

Hi
Zucker had a great talk on this in Savannah, MSA meeting.
ALby
On Martedì, ago 10, 2004, at 16:48 Europe/Rome, Locknar, Sarah A wrote:

> A standard lamp calibration is necessary if you'd like to record a
> meaningful spectrum of your dye.  It allows you to correct for the
> wavelength-dependent transmission of your system.  As discussed many
> times in this list, all of the optical components in the system absorb
> light at some wavelengths.  A standard lamp allows you to correct for
> these absorptions (instrument response curve).  Also, if one of your
> optics begins to fail it should show up in the instrument response
> curve.
> Sarah

> ----------------
> Sarah Locknar, Ph.D.
> Director, Neuroscience COBRE Imaging / Physiology Core
> College of Medicine, University of Vermont
> E015 Given Building
> 89 Beaumont Ave.
> Burlington, VT 05405
> 802-656-0413
> 802-656-8704 (fax)

Alberto Diaspro
Department of Physics, University of Genoa
Via Dodecaneso 33, 16146 Genoa Italy
voice +390103536426/480, facsimile +39010314218
visit http://www.lambs.it;
  http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0471409200.html