CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2005

From:
Stan Vitha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:02:26 -0500

John,
    we have Metamorph and the software support is not quite free - you have
one year access after purchase to download bug fixes, after that you cannot
access the downloads unless you purchase a software maintenance plan.
Nevertheless, I have to agree that the journaling system is very powerful.

On Autoquant's note, my understanding from discussion with Autoquant's
technical support was that under Windows XP, they cannot reliably allocate
more than 64MB continuous memory blocks, which requires certain processing
operations be done on individual 'sub-volumes' of the original image
stack. - at least that seems to be the case with their AutoDeblur
deconvolution software.

Stan Vitha